Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This time last year...

Here it is, the one year anniversary of the day Audrey began her day long (plus) labor, and she just found out she placed 432nd out of 723 at 33:30 (that's mm:ss) in the recent Asheville Chamber 5K. With that then unborn baby in tow (sorry, no photos). (Results here: http://ashevillechamber.org/individual_results.asp)

This time last year, we just returned from a walk to Lydia's where the old time remedy for late labors of chugging down a couple shots of castor oil began to work it's old time magic. The rest of the day Audrey rested. I assumed she wasn't feeling well from ingesting copious amounts of some foul smelling/tasting/looking substance. She was actually in early labor.

I cleaned house (and continued doing that until 6:00PM the next day when we had to rush to the hospital to finish the birth) and made dinner for Joan and Wes and us. Audrey never did get to enjoy that dinner.

As soon as Joan and Wes left, Audrey told me those magic words that I had been waiting weeks to hear: "It's time to call the midwives."