"How are you today?" the woman at the Organic Mechanic (our West Asheville/Warren Wilson graduate mechanic) asked me as I rode my bike to the shop. "It started with a funeral and now this...not too bad considering."
That "not too bad considering" is the important thing for me to keep in mind. I was able to spend the morning eating breakfast with Mason and taking Zola to the park before I attended the funeral of a co-workers son (who also worked with us). I was able to have lunch with Audrey and Mason before our car over heated and had to be towed to the shop. I was able to ride my bike to go meet the tow truck driver (which we didn't have to pay for since USAA covers that cost in our insurance). I was able to look for new cars although we are going to be stuck with a serious bill here for one that we don't even completely own (yet).
All things considered, things could be a lot worse. We have a bottle of white wine in the fridge to go with the gnocchi and cream sauce I am going to make, Mason is asleep to the sounds of some Putamayo CD Audrey got from a friend, the weather isn't too oppressively hot (in the house, anyway), and did I mention the wine.