Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mason mowing the house

Although this video is similar to Mason: About Town, I felt he had graduated from walking behind more stationary objects that he pushes about in small, safe areas, to pushing around objects with wheels and are therefore a bit more unruly.

Whenever I make these videos, all of the past videos, some of which are pre-Mason, show up in the software I use to compile the clips. Often times I will browse through the videos of Audrey holding a sleeping newborn while watching Wipe Out in her wrap/tunic that she wore all last summer, the ones of Neko laying at Audrey's (and Mason's) feet, and the many video clips of Mason not doing a whole lot that a photo wouldn't have captured. As most any parent will tell you, I am sure, you aren't always trying to capture the miraculous, the first steps, the first words, the first everything, but just capturing the essence of every moment of this new life. So what if they are just lying there...LOOK AT THEM just lying there, so perfect and peaceful.

I guess in the days of yore, parents carried around reams of photos in their wallets to whip out and abuse conversations. Now, we capture reams of moments in DV and digital snapshots, load them on our phones and computers and screensavers to abuse conversations and accost walkers by. During Mason's first baseball game last night (the single A Southeast Division Asheville Tourists - a Colorado Rockies farm team - versus the Greenville Drive - a Boston Redsox farm team) Dan (Lydia's husband) and I were sharing phone shots of their little girl from her first hour up until Mason's birthday party. I am breaking promises I made to myself left and right.



Regardless, here is another video to share of Mason and his milestones. He is walking with support (in this case, a plastic lawn mower), but has been known to walk with limited parental assistance, as little as one hand (but that only lasts about 3-4 linear feet). More to come...