Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Reason No. 1 why my son might hate me later in life

I guess it has something to do with the line of work I am in, the toys that I have at my disposal, and my unending sense of humor (which my wife thinks is a lot less funny than I believe it to be...right, everyone else thinks is a lot less funny than I believe it to be).



Regardless, Mason has found that by hanging from a door frame (or in this case, the old front of the house before the porch moved in) he has full use of his legs, more or less, on a vertical plane. Zola, believing he is possessed, has decided to try to excise his demons. We give her a belly rub or a rawhide bone and she forgets about it. For a while.

Supposedly these are great exercise for the little guy and hilarious to watch a child bounce around in. Unfortunately, he has begun to think he is in it all the time - he only spends about 20-30 minutes in it per day, that I know of - and now, when being held in someone's lap, begins to bounce up and down feverishly. Not good for me and our male friends.

In other news, he has figured out how to get on his hands and knees while mommy and daddy were eating a burger and homemade fries (a la Table). He can't quite crawl, but he does a mean lunge...into the wood pile. He can, however, 'pseudo-crawl' backwards. And his rolling about floor routine is in the "Mary Lou Retton" realm. When can we sign him up for gymnastics?