As i try and cope with the fact that I left the coffee pot set for 8:01 AM but forgot to put the water in and am now waiting to enjoy my first cup, I have what appears to be a small, vocal creature who is, for all intents and purposes, 100% boy. No snips or snails, or even puppy dog tails (although he is fond of grabbing Zola's butt - not her tail mind you - which is funny to watch her jump as if a fart grabbed her from behind). No, this kid is one-hundred percent boy.
Right now, he is laying in his crib, hands pummeling through the side rails as if passing his days in San Quentin, singing some sort of infantile gospel. Perhaps I should get him a lap steel so he can follow in the Lee Boys footsteps. Now he is flipping me off. Must have seen his mother do it to a passing - albeit, irresponsible - driver.
The new year has come and is well under way. My last few days of 'vacation' are over and it is soon time to return to the office. I have to say, although I have spent some time recently in the office and some more time in the 'wood shop' finishing up the night stands, I am going to miss randomly hearing his singing throughout the day. Perhaps I can get him to start using Skype to sing to me at work.
On another note, a friend (who is now in Seoul, S. Korea) forwarded me a link to a "daddy blog...in a momma sort of way". A blog of a woman in Salt Lake City, UT. Mostly about being a mommy. Since I can't share the other one I read, here: http://www.dooce.com/