Monday, August 16, 2010

At last...

Yes, pun intended. I have been lax about posting here and about posting new photos of Mason. As I was reminded by my father yesterday, things aren't going to get easier when the second child comes along. I don't expect that it will.

Regardless, I have been taking photos of Mason (sure, I might not be as prolific as a certain brother-in-law of mine) and have recently posted a few here. I have also started adding more categories, so for the time, it may be harder to filter through and find new photos...or it might be more fun searching through all of the different folders and finding new things (they are finishing the basement?!).

In this recent lull, I was sent a video from our wedding reception. I didn't know there was any video captured (thanks, Wes) during the wedding, so it was a great surprise to receive it one day. I got the email one morning at work and thought I would check it out before getting started for the day. My boss (the big boss lady) walked by and did a double take. I must have had a ridiculous look on my face with my over the ear head phones on (the ones that I use when editing video footage). As she did the double take, she caught my eye and asked (with a smile on her face), "What are you doing?"

I looked up and realized I was smiling uncontrollably and may or may not have been crying a little bit (I can neither confirm nor deny this). Shyly, I told her that I was watching the video of mine and Audrey's first dance from our wedding.

Now Paige (big boss lady) adores Audrey, but regardless of that, I think she was touched at my reaction to the video. I just watched it again as I posted it over my lunch break (sorry if I killed anyone's internet connection at work). I didn't cry (nor can I confirm or deny my reaction upon first watching the video), but that same big, uncontrollable smile was back.

Especially at about 4:15 into the video. That's my girl, Audrey.

(NOTE: Video coming soon...something broke during upload so I have to try it again later)