Last night as I lay down next to my seemingly larger than normal baby (he takes up as much, if not more space, as a full-grown greco-roman wrestler or a dog) I thought how it would be nice to get up a little earlier than normal, start looking for houses (ours is going on the market next week) and have a little quiet time with my coffee before Audrey and Mason woke up. I was thinking 5:30 AM would be good.
Like clockwork, at 5:30 AM, Mason, who had at some point managed to take off his cloth diaper (the little velcro tabs used to be to small for his underdeveloped motor skills to handle) and slept there between us, nude, let loose a torrent of urine all over his mother's back. Out little Old Faithful. The distinct sound of rushing pee woke me up. I am sure the warming sensation of being peed on woke Audrey up.
And actually, the worse thing about it, is that he was wide awake after us having to turn the light on, clean the bed up, etc., so I didn't get my quiet time. Ah well.