I have no problem with whiny dogs. I have no problem (despite what some would say) with getting up early in the mornings. I do have a problem with the Baptist Church down the road from us here in West Asheville. They are now sworn enemies.
After a show out of town (and state) I like to be able to sleep in a little bit, particularly if I get home at 3 or 4 in the morning after driving. And then this morning, at 9 AM, these so called "well-doers" were pounding on my door to invite me to church. Unbeknown to them, they were nearly inviting me to come out in my robe and terrorize them. No one should have to deal with that sort of cruelty and punishment so early in their day, especially not me.
But as I finally got up and walked up to the bakery for some coffee, I thought, is this what my life is about to become, a several year string of being jarred awake? Please Lord, if I promise to go and be nice to those destroyers of my sleep at the church down the road...nay, if I even promise to go, will you make this foreseen future someone else's future and not mine? Someone like my wife, perchance?
Alright, fine. I will take it.