Working at home, which sounds so advanced and cool, has its disadvantages. Like, say, talking to your dog more than is socially acceptable due to the lack of human interaction. Or losing track of what day it is because Saturday starts the same way as Tuesday, only you only check one email account instead of three. Or getting side-tracked by the piling dishes, the dog sneaking out of the backyard, and that smell coming from your neighbors giant incinerator in their backyard.
These things, however, all pale in comparison to the advantages, like talking to your dog more than people, or losing track of what day it is, or getting side-tracked by incinerator smells. And of course, getting to be around your pregnant wife who has weird work schedules and random days off (ooh, a free Monday...the day all of the cool stores are closed!).
Take today for example. Normal day. I had a show last night so I was a bit off this morning having only had about 6 hours of sleep. She was up and in her normal morning/afternoon/evening I am not working cloths which consist of these black stretchy yoga-type pants and an old flannel (one of many). I left for a brief office visit and returned to find her in tan shorts and a fitted black stretchy shirt and my aviator sunglasses. Never let them tell you that a pregnant woman can't be amazingly...what's the word? Hot.
Now she is asleep, I am finishing up work (oh, really? Is that what this is?), and I would have missed it (and Herbie Hancock) had I been chained to a desk. Well, chained to a desk that isn't in my house.