Monday, February 8, 2010

Saying goodbye

This isn't the first time that I have had to say goodbye to Mason (and Audrey, together), and in this day and age of inter-connected everything electronic making distance so much less relevant, it should really come as no shocker that it probably won't be that hard. It will actually probably be harder on Audrey (as Mason won't really know what is going on and will bounce right back into things upon his return next week...despite a 9 hour flight and the move into a new house) for us all to part ways. Namely because she won't have me to turn Mason over to when she needs a break during that 8 hour flight to London.

It isn't that I am not being overly sentimental about it, I am in part looking forward to a week alone. I already have plans for 2 of the nights, a practice thrown in somewhere, and a weekend with a buddy working on his house up in rural Madison County (my insurance card is in my wallet...everything goes to Audrey and Mason...there is no will as of yet). And no, there are no bridges.

As for the sentimental part, yeah, I am going to miss my wife and son. I am going to miss waking up next to them (we are sharing a bed as we play guest to Lydia's mom...see previous post), having them to come home to (Ann work's long hours), having Audrey to help coordinate caring for Mason and Zola. I will miss mine and Mason's date night on Mondays while Audrey is at practice.

But if distance makes the heart grow fonder, let's forget that technology all but does away with distance, and anticipate next Monday, when that little guy comes running out of the terminal screaming "Da-dee"...with Audrey in tow behind him.