Monday, May 11, 2009

Em-Bare-Ass-Ing photos

Come on, I am a father. I was embarrassed by my parents at one (or many) point(s) or another(s). It is my prerogative to embarrass my own son.

This photo was taken on Saturday, a day before his eleventh month in this world (and his first Mother's Day), while I was working on the front yard (mulching, weeding, cleaning, etc.). Audrey was trying to get him down for a nap so she could join me. She brought him out to me, fully clothed, I gave him a kiss and she took him off to sleep.

A few minutes later, he appeared wearing only his diaper and a smile, Audrey unable to coax him to sleep. Soon she took him off again (after I gave him a kiss), and aimed to put him down for a nap.

A little while later, I looked up and there was my son (and wife and ever-present dog), naked for the whole world to see. Not sure if the tiny somewhat low-res camera on my phone captured the look of extreme self-satisfaction on his face. He was having so much fun not going to sleep. Audrey was not (but she was much happier than she looks in this photo). I thought it all rather hilarious.